Re: gcc barfs on -lesd flag

> For some reason, gcc doesn't accept '-lesd' as a valid library.  I have
> ldconfig set up right; a 'ldconfig -p | grep esd' yields all the right
> libraries.  Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

What error message do you get? Does it complain about not finding libesd,
or do you still get unresolved symbols? One or two days ago I tried
to quickly relink something, got unresolved symbols, added -lesd to
a Makefile, but not at the right place, so I still got those errors.
Did you check that gcc is really executed with option -lesd?

Ronald