RE: gEdit

At the moment gEdit on CVS is using pthreads to handle the communication
between plugins - this requires GTK to be compiled with pthread support, and
of course to have pthreads working on your system. Because of the problems
people have been having with this, since not everyone seems to have a
compatible version of the pthreads libraries (including myself) we'll be
changing this before our next official release (sorry, no predicted ETA) - a
couple ideas being kicked around are using ORBit for the plugin communication,
which would be great for the GNOME version, but a bad requirement for the
GTK-only version, or simply working on improving the previous method of plugin
communication. When these problems will be fixed on CVS is merely a matter of
free time.

--
Evan Lawrence