Me? Contribute? Nah! :)

Tomorrow I'll have internet access (through my Linux)... He,he! :)

Now, it's time for a... perhaps dumb question :-/
(...but I didn't find any answer in the FAQ)

If I should make some kind of, in my point of view, approvements somewhere
in Gnome...
...would I be allowed to check them in into the CVS?

Would I have to run my changes through some kind of "authency check" like,
sending my changes to someone that is responsible for the module that I
changed?
Should I limit my actions to find & report bugs?
Or, should I simply keep my fingers off the code so that I doesn't
implement stupid things?

(Of coure, this is so far a hypothetical question, because I'm not that
familiar with the gnome code - yet...)

mvh
// Liss
liss@ydab.se