Re: Gnome-libs compile problems

Sam Nelson wrote:

> I'll give that a shot, but I had just reup and rebuilt ORBit prior to
> starting on gnome-libs.
>
> I'm also having a problem with my zlib headers and libraries. I've installed
> (recent version) in /usr/local/lib, but autogen creates the Makefile with
> zlib linked into /usr/lib.
>
> I can manually edit the Makefile, but is there a way to get autogen.sh to
> figure this out on its own?

Maybe adding LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib will get it to pick up zlib in
/usr/local before /usr.  Not sure though.

Like I said about ORBit, there have been a lot of changes, maybe you
have a stale file or directory out there that is throwing something
off.  You shouldn't do this often (it would melt the anon CVS servers :)),
but wiping out your entire gnome CVS tree will almost certainly
get you a decent working copy when you next check out.  :)

	Jeff