Gtk coding, for a beginner

Hi,

I'm now starting to be confterble enough with using gtk applications,
compiling, and all the basics of how it works, now comes the more fun
part:

I'm starting to apply my C knowledge (ok, I'm no guru, but I love C),
and I'm reading the GTK tutorial on the gtk.org site (the site remake if
great btw).  The first thing I noticed of course is that the tutorial
was made before the themes, and altough everything (so far) seems to
work great as a traditionnal GUI, I'm wondering if I'm learning the
right stuff?

If I get a good enough Gtk-coding base knowledge, will it be hard to
then upgrade?
Does anyone have a suggestion or a personnal experience to comment?

Thanks
Mathieu Lutfy (aka BingoMstr on the Efnet, #linuxquebec)

Avertissement: Linux peut causer une depandance.
Warning: Linux may be addictive. Daily dosage recommended.
-> http://pages.infinit.net/addict