Re: Autoscroll?

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Well, Gnumeric is fine and dandy but it doesn't autoscroll. So I can't look at
> > code from it. The tutorial has a lot about using widgets, but not so much about
> > programming tasks such as scrolling.
>
> What do you mean by autoscroll?  The latest version of Gnumeric (not
> released, only available from the GNOME CVS) has a lot of code
> contributed by Jakub Jelinek that deals with all sorts of scrolling
> enhancements.  Could you try that version and let us know?
>
> Miguel.

Well, I've never used CVS and have no spare hard drive space, so I doubt it. :-)

However, in the 10mins since I received Havoc's reply, I got some rough
autoscrolling working in my app. Only down and to the left, and only during
lasso selection. But I plan to have the middle button work as a "mover" just as
in GIMP.

I see that I don't get mouse motion events when the pointer is outside of my
app's window, but if the mouse button is held down, I do. That's perfect for
autoscrolling.

It's late, but I think tomorrow I can get a lot of this working in my app.

--
SEGV    http://www.cgocable.net/~mlepage/