gnome-libs autogen.sh problem (from CVS)

Hello all,
I'd really appreciate any help with the my installation problem.  I grabbed
the modules from anoncvs today.  Installed glib, gtk+, imlib, libIDL,
ORBit.  Started working on gnome-libs and hit a snag.  When i run
./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome --with-gtk-prefix=/opt/gnome everything
seems fine until it hits the imlib check and I get the following:
checking for imlib-config ... /opt/gnome/bin/imlib-config
checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.8 ... no
*** Could not run IMLIB test program, checking why...
etc, etc

I'm not sure why its getting (or where) its getting the wrong version for
imlib.  Any clues?  Thanks

Tom Jenkins

for PGP key send mail with GET PGP KEY in subject