Re: gnome-objc compile errors

John R Sheets wrote:

> Zow Terry Brugger wrote:
>
> > CVS is fine. This is just a matter of a gtk+ developer changing something that
> > breaks a lot on down the line. It's up to the authors of the modules down the
> > line, or us intrepid users, to fix those modules. This is why 1.1 is a
> > development line and CVS is called life on the bleeding edge, this is
> > expected.
>
> This brings up an interesting point.  Is the glib/gtk+ API going to freeze in
> December, too?  Or are we going to have to make a snapshot of them at the time of
> the GNOME freeze, and then distribute that version as the official GTK+ snapshot
> for GNOME 1.0?
>
> How is that going to work, anyway?

I haven't seen any traffic about this on the lists, but I presume that
glib and GTK+ will remain conceptually independent of each other, even
though it's all on the same CVS server.

Once the freeze goes through, GNOME developers will probably just have
to make sure that they require the proper version of GTK+ and GLib at
configure time.

	Jeff