Re: Menus

> If you have a single window that shows the menus for all applications, you'd
> probably have to make it a separate process, and then create a CORBA
> interface so that the apps can tell it what to show.  If you use pointer
> focus (as opposed to click-to-focus) in your WM, you're going to be doing an
> awful lot of menu switching, which is going to in turn generate a lot of
> extra CORBA traffic.

Ehm, I don't think any user will like pointer-focus when using one
global menu. When I would try to use the global menu, I would need a
free path over the background, otherwise I would activate another
application, thus loosing the settings of the global menu that I
wanted to use.

How did apple solve that? Do they actually have a pointer-focus?

| I ain't changed,                          |
| but I know I ain't the same               |
+--- M38C --- http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+