Re: CVS download sequence

"Nghia Ho" <nghiaho@hotmail.com> writes:

> What is the correct sequences of packages that need to be download and
> compile for the CVS gnome to work?  I'm having no luck compiling
> gnome-core from the CVS.

Answered in the FAQ, but I think it's slightly inaccurate.  The order I use is:
1. glib
2. gtk+, libIDL
3. imlib, ORBit, audiofile
4. esound
5. gnome-libs
6. gnome-objc
7. libgtop
8. gnome-core

Compile and install everything in step n before proceeding to step
n+1.  There may be some dependencies I am indicating here that don't
exist, eg I don't think libgtop requires gnome-objc.  But this should
get you going.

---
Sam Vilain, sam@whoever.com         work: sam.vilain@unisys.com
http://www.hydro.gen.nz                home: sam@hydro.gen.nz