Re: installing gnome
- From: Lars Erik Kolden <larskol ifi uio no>
- To: jondowd jeffnet org
- cc: redhat-install-list redhat com, linux-newbie vger rutgers edu, jondowd jeffnet org, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: installing gnome
- Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:09:36 +0100 (MET)
On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Hello, I want to install gnome from my RedHat 5.1 CDROM but the
> install process stops with the message...
> xclockmore is needed by gnome-core-0.13-1998050518
> umb-scheme is needed by guile-1.2-4
> I'm new, so If you can talk me through where to find these and
> where to put them when I find them and how to set them up so my
> install of gnome will be successful - step by step OR...
> Where I might find such information, I'll really appreciate it.
> Thanks, Jon
1. Insert your cdrom :)
2. Mount it: # mount /mnt/cdrom
3. # cd /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS
4. # su
5. # rpm -ivh xlockmore*
6. # rpm -ivh umb-scheme*
I think that should do the trick :)
Lars Erik Kolden
> Jon Dowd - Ashland, Oregon USA
> To unsubscribe: mail email@example.com with
> "unsubscribe" as the Subject.
] [Thread Prev