Re: Bugs in gnome-terminal

> While making session management work for gnome-terminal I noticed the
> following bug.  Create a new terminal, close it and then try to create
> another.  gnome-terminal hangs.  Also, gnome-terminal hangs if you close
> the initial window.

I think this is a problem with the pty-helper thing.  I had a similar
problem, it is waiting on the pipe on both ends.

I couldn't track it down.  I really think it should just launch the
pty-helper to setup/unsetup the pty's, not hang around on the other
end of the pipe.  However, I'm not sure how it could be done this way
either - otherwise i'd have tried it.

> Session management works MUCH better now though :).  One problem though,
> could someone look through code and figure out why the transparency is
> never properly restored?  Also, could someone check to see why zvt

There seems to be problems with the preferences setting/restoring code
in gnome-terminal.

> transparency is broken.  For example, make a terminal transparent on one
> desktop in Enlightenment and move it to another with a different bg
> pixmap.  Boom, old bg pixmap is used for transparency instead.  This is
> transparency without a bg pixmap BTW, not that I know why anyone would
> want this :)

Actually I couldn't see why anyone would want a transparent terminal
at all.  Talk about toy factor :)  Umm, this is George's dept, he did
the transparency patches.

 Michael

--
     ///   `... thinking is an exercise to which all too few brains
    ///     are accustomed.' - First Lensman, E.E. `Doc' Smith