Re: E slow

>Patrick Colbeck wrote:
>
> I have just finished compiling gnome and E from CVS and they seem to work
fine
> except thatE is very slow. For example if I have two Netscape windows
open it
> takes several seconds to change focus from one to the other, or rather the
> focus changes immediately but the graphics lag behind for several
seconds. I am
> running this on a P400 with 128Mb RAM and a Matrox G200 AGP grahics card so
> this is a reasonably high end system. Have I got a problem or is E generally
> just slow ?

I'm running a Celeron 333  w/ 64Megs ram with E and gnome on a fresh Redhat
5.2
installation and have found that the gnome-help-browser doesn't close
properly.
Even after I close it, it still hangs around and takes up large amounts of
memory and CPU time. I have to do an explicit kill on it. After I do that
performance returns.

Perhapse you have a similar problem.

                  Systems Analyst

         ARRAY Development (Canada) Inc.