Re: Resignations

"Greg S. Hayes" wrote:

> Yet we abandoned it because of the two
> following reasons stated on the first incarnation of the Gnome web site:
> a) Qt will never be open source b) It will be too time consuming to
> clone Qt into an open-source toolkit.
in my opinion, abandoning a project for two rather "political" reasons
only shows your lack of belief in it...

> Many thanks to those who have helped to create Gnome, you did the right
> thing. But, don't let selfish pride get in the way of what some of know
> in your heart is the right move. Consider what steps can be taken to
> make KDE a better environment before you recend to what was once called
> "the only alternative" of Gnome.

I disagree with this statement of yours: personally, I believe that
competition is a Good Thing(tm); just as long as all this cross-flaming
doesn't keep people from writing some code: either for KDE or Gnome. It
would be reasonable to make Gnome and KDE interoperate as much as
possible and let the end user choose which components of each desktop
environment to use, but not to abandon Gnome now, that it has shown such
progress in such a short period and gained such a momentum.

regards,
	jaKa

--
email: jaka.mocnik@kiss.uni-lj.si