Re: gnome-core compile problem

Ken Savich <ksavich@interaccess.com> writes:
> I've been having this problem on a couple of machines..
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/gnome/gnome-core/desktop-properties'
> Making all in help-browser
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gnome/gnome-core/help-browser'
> idl/help-browser.idl
> make[2]: execvp: idl/help-browser.idl: Permission denied
> make[2]: *** [help-browser.h] Error 127
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gnome/gnome-core/help-browser'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gnome/gnome-core'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> It seems to me that it may have a problem with my libIDL install but
> libIDL is fully compiled and installed. Would anyone happen to know why
> this happens? Also, all of my needed dependencies are compiled and
> install with current cvs versions. thanks a million

You need to install ORBit.  The command that was executed was

	$(ORBIT_IDL) idl/help-browser.idl

Somehow, $(ORBIT_IDL) was empty -- the most likely reason being that
ORBit was not installed when `gnome-core' was compiled.

So,

	1. Install ORBit

	2. Next, re-configure gnome-core.  Make sure to remove
	    the config.cache in the gnome-core build directory.
	    Then do

		./config.status --recheck

- Hari