Re: [gtk-list] Re: BIG plots in gnome-canvas

"Sergey I. Panov" <sipan@mit.edu> writes:

> Ooops, it should have been 100k points
>
> > You may want to do some sort of recursive subdivision of the points
> > using canvas groups; that way the canvas will be able to handle them
> > efficiently.  Or you can create your own custom item type to handle
> > zillions of points efficiently.

Yes, this subdivision is a nice feature that Gnome's canvas has that
Tk's canvas doesn't.  I'd (independently) thought of doing this for
Tk's canvas, to make it feasible to build hierarchical list widgets in
the canvas (the advantage over a special widget is the extra
flexibility you'd get).  Perhaps I'll get around to trying it
sometime.