Re: [gtk-list] Re: BIG plots in gnome-canvas

> >  generates huge plots which easily can have 1000k points. As I was
> A million points is a lot :-)

Ooops, it should have been 100k points

> You may want to do some sort of recursive subdivision of the points
> using canvas groups; that way the canvas will be able to handle them
> efficiently.  Or you can create your own custom item type to handle
> zillions of points efficiently.

 The way I used to do it:

 |  Plotting widget |            Scales             |   Model  |

 where XY are screen coordinates( int, int )
   and xy are "model" coordinates ( double, float )

PS. Is there any gnome_canvas documentation besides source the code
( libgnomeui and applications that use them )?