Re: installing gnome (from cvs) in arbitrary directory

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 05:15:57PM -0500, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Andy Tai wrote:
>
> > Hi, I just wonder what are the necessary steps to install the latest
> > gnome source obtained via CVS in some arbitrary directory?   I follow the
> > instrution on the gnome web page but the autoconfig stuff keeps
> > running into problems.   Does the latest stuff from CVS only works if
> > installing in the default location (/usr/local)?
>
> GNOME FAQ, #4.4

or alternately:

http://www.soren.cinternet.net/gnome/cvs.shtml
       ^^^^^^^^^

No this isn't a typo.  I registered my own vhost (finally).  Yeah, being the
sysadmin's great.  Shoulda done it a long time ago.

--
 Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net> | Windows DOES come with a tool
 http://www.soren.cinternet.net/     | to restore a corrupt Registry.