Re: A few oddities in the panel

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, George wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 09:28:50AM -0500, raster@redhat.com wrote:
> > hmm I wonder what's up then... hmmmmmmmm gnome pixmaps work normally
> > elsewhere.....
>
> I think someone mentioned some other app that has this problem as well

GtkICQ does it also.  GtkICQ loads its images with
gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm_d() and the panel uses
gnome_pixmap_new_from_file(), which in turn uses gdk_imlib_load_image().
I don't think it is in the loading code though, after looking through some
source.  Which, as far as I know, leaves only the rendering code...  The
summarized problem I guess is that on theme-switches it doesn't properly
rerender shaped pix as shaped.  Of course I am far from an expert on this,
so I could be completely off base.

Regards,
Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)