Re: poptHelpOptions - I'm going slightly maaaaaaaaad

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:51:08 +0100, intinig@tin.it <intinig@tin.it> wrote:
>On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Elliot Lee wrote:
>
>>It is definitely defined in gnome-libs/support/popthelp.c - if it isn't then
>>something is wrong with your CVS :)
>
>It's in there.
>
>>Is it possible that somehow your programs are getting linked against a system
>>popt instead of the one in libgnomesupport?
>
>I thought it was possible, so I removed the old popt and recompiled everything.
>
>>You just need to muck around on your own system and find out what's going
>>wrong...
>
>Someone, (I don't remember who, sorry) told me that even on his RH 5.1
>libpopt.so isn't built. I have libpopt.a, how do I obtain a libpopt.so?
>(Manually, since make doesn't seem to build it). I've looked for a .libs dir in
>my popt dir (I checked out he popt module from CVS, to build it without having
>to rebuild gnome-support) but it isn't there.

(Not directed to you specifically) For the umpteenth time, popt does not get
built as a shared library :) Otherwise apps would break in the somewhat
frequent introduction of source-compatible but binary-incompatible features.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg