Re: libORBitCosNaming.so.0 is needed by ORBit-0.3.0-1

> I checked out ORBit from cvs and tried to create a rpm. It built smoothly but when I try to install the freshly built rpms, I get the following error:
> failed dependencies:
>         libORBitCosNaming.so.0 is needed by ORBit-0.3.0-1
>
> Where is this library? Shouldn't it be contained in the rpm? Is it a bug or a feature? :)
>
> Regards
> Martin

It's a bug in the spec file.  Try the one attached for more fun.

Later,

Michael Sterrett
  -Mr. Bones.-
michael.sterrett@coat.com
Name: ORBit
Version: 0.3.0
Release: 1
Source: ftp://ftp.labs.redhat.com/pub/ORBit/ORBit-0.3.0.tar.gz
Group: Development/Libraries
Copyright: LGPL/GPL
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/orbit-root
Prefix: /usr

%description
ORBit is a high-performance CORBA ORB with support for the C language.
It allows programs to send requests and receive replies from other
programs, regardless of the locations of the two programs.

%package devel
Group: Development/Libraries

%description devel
ORBit is a high-performance CORBA ORB with support for the C language.
It allows programs to send requests and receive replies from other
programs, regardless of the locations of the two programs.

This package includes the header files, libraries, and utilities
neecessary to write programs that use CORBA technology.

%prep
%setup

%build
if [ ! -f configure ]; then
	CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" ./autogen.sh --prefix=%prefix
else
	CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" ./configure --prefix=%prefix
fi
make

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr
make prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr install

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig

%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
/usr/lib/lib*.so*
/usr/bin/orbit-name-server
/usr/bin/name-client

%doc AUTHORS COPYING ChangeLog NEWS README TODO
%doc /usr/info/libIDL.info

%files devel
/usr/bin/orbit-idl
/usr/bin/orbit-config