Re: failed gnome-core compilation

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Michael Zucchi wrote:

>Hmm, have you updated glib too?

I had not the time to check if the glib is uptodate with the latest
version.

>No probably not, I think the glib include path should be different
>(from the compile line below).
>
>You might have to remove /usr/local/include/glib-config.h, and compile
>glib and install that (had a few problems with this too).

Debian glib includes are installed in /usr/lib/glib/include/.

ii  libglib1.1      1.1.3-2        The GLib library of C routines

I don' t like unadminstrable things in /usr/local/. I always do the .deb
package before install something of rasonable complex. /usr/local is
useful for ksymoops or other simple standalone proggy.