Re: imlib won't recognize new libpng

> > On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Dave Reed wrote:
> > > configure: warning: *** Native PNG support will not be built (PNG
> > > library is too old) ***
> > >
> > > Because of this gnome-libs won't compile.  How can I make the
> > > .configure script find my new libpng?
> > >

> > Did you rm config.cache so it forgets about the old one?
> >
> > Havoc
>
> I hadn't, but doing that didn't work either.  Do I need to also remove
> the old libpng from /usr/lib? I installed the new one in another
> directory (and setup /etc/ld.so.conf and reran ldconfig).  I'm a
> little wary of removing the old one in case something else needs it.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
> dreed@capital.edu

Sorry to reply to my onw post - I removed the old libpng (will have to
reinstall it later off my CD since rpm complained I was breaking
dependencies for ghostscirpt and zgv) and imlib still isn't finding it
- I did put it in a "non-standard" place.  How can I tell configure
where to find it?

Thanks,
Dave
dreed@capital.edu