Re: imlib won't recognize new libpng

> On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Dave Reed wrote:
> > configure: warning: *** Native PNG support will not be built (PNG
> > library is too old) ***
> >
> > Because of this gnome-libs won't compile.  How can I make the
> > .configure script find my new libpng?
> >

> Did you rm config.cache so it forgets about the old one?
>
> Havoc

I hadn't, but doing that didn't work either.  Do I need to also remove
the old libpng from /usr/lib? I installed the new one in another
directory (and setup /etc/ld.so.conf and reran ldconfig).  I'm a
little wary of removing the old one in case something else needs it.

Thanks,
Dave
dreed@capital.edu