Ctrl-C in gnome terminal and gtkhex widget...

Hi there...

1) gnome-terminal is starting to annoy me a bit... Every time I hit
Ctrl-C
to kill whatever is running in the terminal, I kill the terminal
instead. This sucketh royally. Could someone who knows what they are
doing please fix gnome-terminal so control keys work correctly? It would
make it somewhat more usable...

2) Does anyone know where I can get a non-MDI version of the gtkhex
widget used in ghex? Looking at the source I think it will be a lot of
work for me to rip out the HexDocument stuff to use it in my
application. Are there any alternative hex  widgets? (viewing
functionality only needed).

Thanks,
Peter