Re: GNOME terminal bugs.

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Arturo Espinosa Aldama wrote:

> Two bugs:
>
> 1) the terminal won't work with "top". The process table is well displayed
>    but the screen clears immediatly. I'm using a background image.

I have no background image and have the same problem.  It seems to be some
of the clearing changes that were checked in a bit ago according to the
ChangeLog.  I haven't had time to look into this yet but I hope somebody
does.

> 2) All the checkboxes in the general preferences except for the "Hide
>    Menubar" one don't seem to be saved or recovered properly (if I
>    configure a terminal with a background image, save the prefs and spawn
>    a new one, this won't come up with the image).
>
> Greetings,
> Arturo

There are many other session management problems as well :).

Just to let people know I am also seeing the gnome-pty-helper's don't die
problem.  I'll do an strace as soon as I can.  I am running kernel 2.0.36
from RH5.2 so I don't think it is a kernel problem.

Manish Vachharajani               Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>                   your expensive computer
                                              to a simple stone - Unknown