Re: Gnomish Thoughts

> Okay, I've really only played with GNOME 0.3 (with E-DR0.14 on Debian 2.0)
> enough to have done a once through.
>
> First, a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Is there a swallow-able load applet?
There are a couple of cpu load apps and one multi-purpose load app not sure if
this is what your after.
> 2) Why are my fonts (eg, in gtop) so huge and pixellated?
? dunno.
> 3) Why can't I play sounds? Does esound grab the devices forever?
Esound does grab the audio devices there are a couple of ways around this.
esddsp is a wrapper of sorts that will get a non esd sound app to work with esd
running, IMHO this should be IN esd and not some seperate thing.
or esdctl standby (or some such)

> Now, for some comments...

[snip]