Re: Cobra: ILU or Orbit?

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> FWIW, I think that having perl support for the GNOME object model would
> be an important step.  It would certainly make it easier to communicate
> to people what the object model is and why it is a compelling idea.  I am
> just waiting for when I can fire up a gnumeric server from perl, abuse it
> like a red-headed stepchild, and document my mischeviousness in the FAQ.
> Just for that reason, ILU is very attractive.
>
> Can someone say authoritatively whether this is an approved topic of
> discussion?

I'd love to see Python support in ORBit. In fact I'd be prepared to write
it, but I don't know where to begin. I've looked at some of the links off
the ORBit web page, and have a loose idea what CORBA actually is. Can
anybody recommend any further reading?

PS: There's already an ORB for python called fnorb. How easy/impossible is
it to get two different ORBs talking? That might be easier.

Michael Hudson
Jesus College
Cambridge
mwh21@cam.ac.uk