are pager(s) working at all ???

I have been trying different type of pagers with different type of
window managers but none could work.

-fvwm-pager fails to cnnect to the panel (I sent a message about this ...)

-wmpager.applet claims I need _XA extensions ( I thought wmaker was OK)
Here I would like to know what are those extensions and which window manager provide them. I tried with icewm, still said the same.

- what is gnome_pager ? I could never get anything when running it .

Philippe