session management

Is GNOME's client session management broken?  I've been messing around
with it all night and I haven't been able to get a test program to save so
much as window location and size.  It appears to never be emmiting the
save_yourself signal, as the function I've connected to that signal is
never called.  If this has been mentioned before, sorry, but I don't get a
chance to read every message that appears on this list.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

"While I'm still confused and uncertain, it's on a much higher plane, d'you
see, and at least I know I'm bewildered about the really fundamental and
important facts of the universe."
Treatle nodded. "I hadn't looked at it like that," he said, "But you're
absolutely right. He's really pushed back the boundaries of ignorance."
        -- Discworld scientists at work
           (Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites)