Re: using gnome-help-caller

Felix Bellaby <felix@pooh.u-net.com> writes:

> BTW, Mark, are there any plans to develop stylesheets that convert
> DocBook into html for the gnome-help-browser in a consistent and
> distinctly "gnomey" way ?
>
> I have done conversions using plain vanilla Modular DocBook for
> Aisleriot (with largely mindless markups) and got reasonable ghelp.
> However, Norm Walsh is trying to produce good API docs rather than
> online ghelp. There must be scope for developing new entities and
> DSSSL in the gnome cvs that would implement a ghelp "style" (and
> provide consistent makefiles as a spin off).

I've started a GPLed DSSSL-based DocBook to HTML converter that I
intend to make more configurable than Norm Walsh's stylesheets are at
the moment.  It uses themes to control the final presentation, so it
would be possible to have a GNOME help theme without compromising its
usefulness for other docs.  I also have some ideas for generating
extra output that would be useful for the help browser.

If anyone wants a look at it I'd be happy to release what exists so
far, although it isn't yet ready for real use.

--
Andrew Smith
amsmith@hempseed.com