Gettext - is this normal ?

Hi,

I have been compiling Gnome from CVS over the last week or so, and I have
noticed that I need to use the --with-included-gettext flag to autogen.sh
in order to have everything link correctly with the gettext library.

I have the version of gettext that comes with RH5.1 installed on my system,
so should gnome compiled correctly with the system gettext, or is there a
good reason to use the one included with the package ?

Simon