Re: gnome-panel.h missing from gnome-core

Omegaman wrote:

> This filing is missing as of today's CVS (5/31).  Can't build without
> it.  Here's the error I get:
>
> Making all in panel
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/omega/gnome/gnome-core/panel'
> Computing dependencies for mico-glue.cc...
> mico-glue.cc:7: gnome-panel.h: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [.deps/mico-glue.P] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/omega/gnome/gnome-core/panel'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/omega/gnome/gnome-core'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

This does look like a CVS problem, but in fact gnome-panel.h is generated at
configure time (when you run autogen.sh).  The most common culprit is an
outdated automake.  Your automake must be at least version 1.3 to compile many
of the gnome components.  I was bitten by this problem a few days ago and
upgrading automake to 1.3 allowed me to compile gnome-panel.  Be sure to
remember to run 'rm config.cache' and/or 'make distclean' in gnome-panel after
you have upgraded automake so the configuration process will start from
scratch.

- Cedric