Re: make trauma

On Sun, 31 May 1998, Michael Lankton wrote:
> Gnome-libs bails halfway through make.  Sorry for the cut and paste, but I
> am stumped.  This is the first time I've tried to build gnome,  appreciate
> any help.  Thanks in advance.

This looks like you need a recent Gtk 1.1. If you take gnome-canvas.[ch]
out of libgnomeui/Makefile.am, and take out test-gnome in the
gnome-libs/Makefile.am, you can probably get it to build. I don't think
any apps use gnome-canvas yet, and the rest of gnome-libs doesn't require
1.1 AFAIK. Alternatively you could get Gtk 1.1 - probably a more long-term
solution.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp