Mico 2.0.6 woes

When I started with Gnome a month or so ago I grabbed Mico 2.0.6 off the Mico
website http://diamant.vsb.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/~mico/. But I have never been
able to get gnome-core to compile without modification. I know the mico version
recommended was 2.0.5, and there must be some differences which cause problems
with Gnome.  It is not just a matter of overriding MICO_VERS on the make command
line: Namely:

In Mico2.0.6, GtkDispatcher is in a separate library libmicogtk$(MICO_VERS).a.
So I had to use MICO_LIBS="-lmicocoss2.0.6.a -lmicoaux2.0.6.a -lmico2.0.6.a
-lmicogtk2.0.6.a".

More seriously, the panel just exits immediately. I had to add orb_ptr->run()
after each boa_ptr->impl_is_ready() call, in mico-glue.cc and applet-lib.cc.

Has anyone else had these problems with 2.0.6, or are you all using 2.0.5?
Maybe this is why the MICO version was hard-wired into the Makefiles...?

-- Peter Wainwright
Home: prw@wainpr.demon.co.uk
Work: peter.wainwright@nrpb.org.uk
http://www.wainpr.demon.co.uk