Re: Debian installation of gnome?

robert havoc pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:

> > I'm working on packaging both the officially released 1.3 stuff (which
> > is pretty old - perhaps I will try to use a snap coinciding with the
> > Gnome stuff in RH 5.1 instead)
>
> I vote for the snapshot. That old release is positively prehistoric.

I agree.

Personally, I think it's time for another Gnome release.  The current
scheme isn't very friendly to people who don't want to track the CVS
daily and don't run an i386 glibc RPM-based system so they can try the
snapshot RPMs.

> > + daily/weekly snapshot packages.  I
> > have to do a mico package as well.  It's a huge job.
> >

> This would be cool. Why not put the packaging stuff in CVS so anyone can
> build their own packages? People can also help you maintain it.

I want to do that.

> > I am also going to put in a bug system on www.gnome.org - that's
> > gotten bogged down too.  Don't worry though - I'll get there
> > eventually as I slog through everything.
> >

> Somebody already did a bug system - have a look at the web site.

Whoah.  I am out-of-date.  Good work Matt!

One less thing on my todo list.  :-)

I apologize for being so slow that somebody else had to do it.

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature