Re: gtk+1.1 and 1.0

> The 1.0 and 1.1 libraries have different names, so you should be able to
> have them both installed without any trouble.
>
> The header files in the -devel packages will conflict, though, so you
> yourself can only be compiling programs for one or the other :-)

Ok thanks, that seemed to work now! I had to uninstall the original gtk+
from rh5.1, then install all of gnome rpms, then i could install the
original gtk+ again. Weird... :)

I can now run gnome and control-panel, but not linuxconf. It exits with
a message:

remadmin (GUI frontend) exiting abnormaly

Any hints?

Richard