Re: gtk+1.1 and 1.0

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Richard Hult wrote:

> This might not be the right place to ask but I still need to know the
> anser to be able to play with gnome and help with it :)
>
> Is there any way to install the gtk+1.1 rpms without screwing up the
> gtk1.0 libs? My newly installed redhat 5.1 doesnt like gtk+1.1 and I can't
> run the control-panel or linuxconf... Can I have both 1.0 and 1.1
> installed, and still just use the precompiled rpms from RHAD labs?

The 1.0 and 1.1 libraries have different names, so you should be able to
have them both installed without any trouble.

The header files in the -devel packages will conflict, though, so you
yourself can only be compiling programs for one or the other :-)

-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.