Re: A Proposal For The Addition Of Color-Reactiveness To The GNOME Desktop

> Couldn't this be done like
>
> 	- application request a corba component called, say, event_logger
> 	- application registers events like
> 		ev_log->register_event(BUSY,"Dowloading file")
> 		ev_log->register_event(ERROR, "Network unreachable")
> 		(The string could, eg. let you click on a beacon to know
> 		 the reason for the error or other status, or put it in
> 		 a log file or whatever)

Clicking a beacon causes it to de-iconify, and pop back into a window.
SImply moving the pointer over the beacon should produce a tooltip/hint
which shows the reason for that paticular color (or series of colors)..
Sorry I didn't make that clear in the proposal.