Re: ISPELL? (fwd)

On Sat, May 23, 1998 at 05:48:05PM -0500, robert havoc pennington wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 1998, Martin Wahlen wrote:
> > Are there any plans for an ISPELL type application in the gnome model? In
> > my limited understanding of the gnome architecture one of the more usefull
> > components would be a spell checker.

I just commited my gtkspell widget (look in libgnomeui).
It needs some enhancements, I'll elaborate more on this when I'll
get some time.

> I thought of writing an ispell wrapper, but I won't get to it anytime
> soon. It'd be a good little project to wrap ispell in a nice, clean spell
> check dialog. Eventually it might use CORBA and interact with editors,
> etc. but for now it could just take a filename on the command line or read
> off stdin. It would be great if someone wanted to write this, I don't
> think it would be all that hard since ispell is kind of designed for
> wrapping already.

I've written gispell some time ago, I'll need to polish it a bit
before committing to the cvs. I think Tom Tromey is working on it.
It's available from ftp://ftp.lettere.unipd.it/pub/linux/gtkspell-0.5.tar.gz.

lupus