Re: ISPELL? (fwd)

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Martin Wahlen wrote:
> Are there any plans for an ISPELL type application in the gnome model? In
> my limited understanding of the gnome architecture one of the more usefull
> components would be a spell checker.

I thought of writing an ispell wrapper, but I won't get to it anytime
soon. It'd be a good little project to wrap ispell in a nice, clean spell
check dialog. Eventually it might use CORBA and interact with editors,
etc. but for now it could just take a filename on the command line or read
off stdin. It would be great if someone wanted to write this, I don't
think it would be all that hard since ispell is kind of designed for
wrapping already.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp