Re: modemlights bug

Toshio writes:
>I have a problem with modemlights when I am disconnected from the network.
>Namely it gives me the error "ioctl failed" over and over -- this printing
>takes up a large chunk of CPU time....
>
>I suspect modemlights needs to check a condition and stop polling if
>the network is down.

The modemlights applet checks for the presence of a modem lock file, by default
this is /var/lock/LCK..modem, it can be changed in the propeties dialog. It seems
the lock file is not removed when you disconnect from the network. Could you
check if this file changes when you connect and disconnect? Even if it's still there
when you disconnect, does the file's length or timestamp change?

There is probably a better way to check this, but I do not know it. If someone
knows a better solution, please Email me.

John

--
John Ellis <gqview@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5235/