Re: A Proposal For The Addition Of Color-Reactiveness To The GNOME Desktop

On Sat, 23 May, 1998 at 10:52:19AM -0700, Bowie Poag set free these words:

> And as you point out, the wm should shoulder most of the burden for this
> activity. Back-engineering apps is simply out of the question. The
> original proposal was written so that nobody would *have to* back-engineer
> their apps in order to take advantage of color-reactiveness. It works out
> great for everyone.

I really would like to know how you see this working without using
/proc or some other OS specific means of getting system/process state.

That's what I thought the original spec was intending to use....

Now that raster and you appear to think that apps setting wm hints is the way
to go, how can you still claim that color-reactiveness does not need
re-engineering of apps to take advantage of this?

-Toshio
--
badger  \"Life is like a china candy dish, filled with brightly promising
@prtr-13 \ sweets, quickly empited.  lasts longer.  dropped.  it breaks."