Re: mico-2.0.5

On Sat, 23 May 1998, Norbert de Jonge wrote:

> While installing it I keep getting the -virtual memory exhausted- error.

> I tried solving this by
> 1. in bash `ulimit unlimited' and csh `limit datasize unlimited'
> 2. running configure with `--disable-optimize', which should do the same
> as gcc -O
> 3. restarting my swapspace (./sbin/swapoff -a than ./sbin/swapon -a)
> Still I get the error. My swap partition is only 22mb, I know that is
> very little.
> How can I solve the problem... I'm really out of ideas.

	You may create a file which will contain temporary swap space.
Linux treats this file as a normal swap partition.  There should be a
HOWTO on it, but you use dd to create the file, mkswap to format it, and
then swapon to activate it.

	I just checked the man page for mkswap and it has all the
information on what to do.

	There is a limit to the swap size....

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.