Re: diskusage applet for panel updated

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Martin Baulig wrote:
> If now someone could please tell me where I can find the diskusage applet
> (I didn't find it in gnome-core/applets) I can 'cvs import' mountlist.c
> and fsusage.c from fileutils and make them work for the applet.

it's at http://www.tks.fh-sbg.ac.at/bruno/du for now.

It's not in the cvs tree in the moment, if you think's it should
be included, go ahead (or what else place could it be, apart from
gnome-core?). The Makefile rellys on being in gnome-core/applets/... for
now, anyway.

> So if we do not need to use it in libgtop (if requesting the desired
> information does not need any priviledges), we should try to use it
> directly. And I said, I can do this - if anyone tells me where to find
> this diskusage applet ...

Yes, please do it. You should only have to change 'diskusage_read.c'

at the moment, i do:

                sscanf(buffer, "%*s %u %u %u",
                        &ps->filesystems[i].sizeinfo [DU_FS_TOTAL],
                        &ps->filesystems[i].sizeinfo [DU_FS_USED],
                        &ps->filesystems[i].sizeinfo [DU_FS_FREE]);

from each line of the Output of df, to get the total, used and free Size
(the filesystem-name needs to go in there in the furture too)