addressable titlebars for Gnome-terminal?

the only thing that's keeping me using xterm these days...well, actually
mxterm...is the addressable titlebars.  basically, this feature allows one
to put a string in the titlebar using a certain escape character sequence.

this is especially handy to me as i have my titlebar show me which machine
i'm logged in on and who i'm logged in as.  if you're operating on a log
of machines, this is a very nice feature.

the specifics of this are detailed across several months worth of the
linux gazette (their site _is_ searchable, so i won't get more specific).

this would be an excellent feature to add to our terminal emulator.

bryson borg