Re: Debian installation of gnome?
- From: robert havoc pennington <rhpennin midway uchicago edu>
- To: Mark Galassi <rosalia cygnus com>
- cc: Chris Fury <cfury bev net>, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Debian installation of gnome?
- Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 10:32:13 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 20 May 1998, Mark Galassi wrote:
> My tip here is to not use /usr/local, or anything where you have other
> programs installed. That's because in these experimental stages, it
> sometimes helps to completely wipe out your gnome install tree, and it
> also helps to squirrel away a copy when it's stable.
Good point. What I actually do is use /usr/local/pkgs/gnome and then use
GNU stow to symlink into /usr/local. That works pretty well. /opt/gnome is
just as good though.
] [Thread Prev