Re: Virtual desktop applet

On Wed, 20 May, 1998 at 09:34:29AM +1000, Tim Potter set free these words:
> Hello.  I've just managed to install and get working the latest (binary)
> version of GNOME on my Intel Linux box.
>
> I was curious if anyone had written some sort of virtual desktop applet
> that sat on the panel and allowed you to change desktops, move windows
> around etc.  I'm using fvwm2 and it contains a pager module which I would
> normally use swallowed in a buttonbar.

No -- (Something like that might have to be WM specific, [until standardized
WM HINTS?])  But I have had some success swallowing the fvwm2-Buttons (not the
pager alone) into the panel.

You have to enable SWALLOW in the gnome-core/panel/Makefile (and Makefile.am
so the next time you run autogen.sh the change gets added.)
Then you need to swallow the FvwmButtons module you have running.  You might
also need to modify the FvwmButtons configuration to Respawn the pager in case
it dies.

If you're running redhat-5.0, I might be able to get all the files you would
need to run this -- I created a new Theme/decor called "Gnome" that I use.

-Toshio