Re: How to add new file 'strerror.c' to gnome-common/support ?

Martin> I need to add a new file 'strerror.c' (from glibc) to
Martin> gnome-common/support for SunOS 4.1, but I'm a little bit
Martin> confused about README-gnome - can I simply use 'cvs add' to
Martin> add the file, or ... ?

I didn't see a public answer to this.

Here's the answer.

* If you wrote the file, and plan to use the gnome repository as the
  primary place where changes are made, then use "cvs add".

* If you got the file from somewhere else, and you expect to have to
  merge in changes from an external source, use "cvs update".

Most stuff in gnome-common/support falls into the latter category.

Tom