Re: MC and the desktop

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> This is caused because the icons on the desktop are shaped windows.  I
> should put a configuration option to toggle this behaviour on and
> off.

I'm wondering if there's another way to do this. Perhaps draw the icons on
the root window direct? A lot of people like having lots of icons on their
desktop, and if this is such a CPU hog then it will bring even a powerful
system to its knees calculating say 50+ shaped windows. The current sytem
has an advantage, though: if you have a quick way to lower your windows (I
do: mouse 1 on the title bar Raises/Lowers) you can get to the desktop icons
without iconifying, something you can't do in Win or Mac AFAIK.

Rectangles suit me for now, though. Thanx.

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --